Monday, January 19, 2009

Design of a Loving God

I have been enjoying teaching science to my 8 year old daughter, partly because as I am reminded of the 3rd grade basics of science, I am reminded of the amazing design of a loving God. Things as simple as the distance between the earth and the sun being perfect, any closer and we would be burned to death, any farther and we would freeze to death. Also, the fact that while other liquids become more dense when they freeze, water becomes less dense when it freezes, so that it floats, and as the top layer freezes, it does not sink to the bottom, layer upon layer and kill all the plant and animal life in the lakes, rivers and oceans!
Another detail is the placement of the animals in the right amounts for balance of our ecosystem. See this article for an example of how meddling with that can challenge that delicate balance!
It's small details like these that make me rejoice with wonder to know the loving kindness of my heavenly Father!

What about you? What are the things that make you realize how deeply loved you are by God?

1 comment:

Bethany W. said...

Great post, Amen!

I am glad that you are blogging now. I could tell by your frequent notes on Facebook that you had a lot to say, and a flourish with saying it!

Bethany