Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Cure for the Common Cold




No, I'm not kidding! It's not necessarily a "cure", but doing these two simple (and inexpensive) things have shortened the length and strength of my cold on more than one occasion. I learned these from a medical doctor who actually does home visits!

1. Vitamin C Four/4/four treatment: Take 4,000 milligrams of Vitamin C every four hours four times a day (totaling 16,000 milligrams for the day). You can do this for three days in a row.*

With all the new (often costly) powerful antioxidants that have come on the market, this amazing and inexpensive antioxidant that has been sold in stores everywhere for so long is often underrated and pushed to the back burner.


2. Drown your cold: Drink 8 ounces of water every ten minutes for one hour (totaling 48 ounces in an hour). I mixed it up by adding an Emergen-C packet to be able to enjoy it a little more.

This is surprisingly easier than you would imagine! I thought I would spend forever in the bathroom during and after this treatment, but apparently, my body was dehydrated, because I absorbed a lot of it!


* One in about ten or twelve persons can experience diarrhea from this regimen, but the benefits far outweigh this possible side effect.

**This is not intended as medical advice. See a doctor if you need medical attention. It is simply something I have tried that has helped me tremendously!

1 comment:

Gypsychant said...

This comes with a Big Warning. Large doses of Vit C can cause miscarriges. I am a midwife and know women who have done this to get rid of unwanted babies, so be carefull.